Wednesday 26 August 2015

COVENTRY UNITED PLAYER PROFILES: 13. KIAM GALDINS...

KIAM GALDINS: MIDFIELD/UTILITY/ALL-ROUND GOOD EGG…



Chink… 
(Apparently I look Chinese but I don't see it myself…)

Previous clubs?
Christ the King, Coventry Sphinx, Heather St John…

Favourite pro-team?
Man. United… 

Favourite all-time player?
Zidane… 

Favourite current player?
Messi…

Favourite bird?
Eagle… 

An animal you would like as a pet?
Tiger… 

Best sporting moments for you so far?
Playing and winning on all 5 occasions with Christ the King in the Telegraph Cup and Charity Cup at the Ricoh Arena…

Worst sporting moment for you so far?
A few seasons back, Sphinx had a good run in the FA Cup prelims… We had Worcester City in the 5th prelim’ round and gave them a good run for their money, but sadly lost.



THE MOWDOG COMMENTS…

Chink?
He doesn’t see it? Does he spend lots of time looking for something Chinese about himself in mirrors, or what?
Is it because he wears a lampshade hat to warm up in, or because his pre-match meal consists of a mandarin orange? 
I’m surprised Secretary Graham Wood doesn’t expect Kiam to do the laundry after games though…
Is it because as a combative midfielder, Kiam wins the ball a lot? Hence: takeaways…
There you go: a new nickname- ‘Takeaway…’

His previous teams seems to have a religious theme… Jesus Christ, St John and ancient Egypt’s Sphinx… Perhaps his current team should be renamed Coventry St Brian’s…

I used to teach in Birmingham Museum and one morning a phone-call came in, I took it and it was a school wanting to make a booking for an ancient Egypt session with me. I answered the call and a lady’s Irish voice said: 
“It’s Christ the King here…”, so I replied, 
“I didn’t know you had an Irish accent…” 
She ignored that and simply carried on regardless, arranging a visit for one of the Y3 classes. Later that day, I took another call from a different lady at the school to confirm the booking: 
“Hello, it’s Christ the King here…” 
I retorted: “I’m not saying what I said this morning!” 
When I explained, she laughed a lot. Right person, wrong phone-call…

On the day of the visit, incredibly, I was to teach ‘Christ the King’ in the morning and ‘St John the Baptist’ after lunch, so when I received internal calls to announce the two schools’ arrivals, I was in bits…

“Hi, Pete, it’s Great Charles Street. I’ve got Christ the King for you…”
Then later: “Pete? St John the Baptist is here for you…”

“Gods…” I thought, “A baptism of fire…”

True story.

And it fits perfectly with Kiam’s teams…

Manchester United, Kiam? Give me a break…

Zidane and Messi? How sensible…

An eagle for a favourite bird, so I sense he has a soft spot for Crystal Palace...

Tiger? What’s his birth year? Chinese year of the Tiger?   

Ricoh occasions are always good for non-league players… Saw Alvis win two finals there a few years back. Tommi Maguire starred. But I’m not related to him…

FA Cup moments are the special ones again…



Cheers, Takeaway…

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.