Wednesday 27 January 2016

GREAT BLACK-BACKED GULLS AT MULLION COVE...

Mullion Dogfight

I sat and glared at the sea
Through a window marked by dried rain,
For the wifi was variable:
Nay, unpredictable.
Then a blast of wind
Blew down a cable
But hotel staff were unable
To secure, subsequently,
Any repairs by provider B.T.
And so I sat and glared agog at the sea…

I sat and stared at the gulls
Through a window dulled by old rain,
For their flight was variable:
No, remarkable.
Then a squadron of fliers
Soared into the light:
A warlike dogfight,
To swoop and then to climb
With agility quite sublime
And thus I sat and stared agog at the gulls…

Pete Ray
January 2016

Mullion Cove Hotel struggled with its wifi connection and thus its telephones throughout my stay and I was fortunate to get a report of the Penzance v Porthleven soccer game completed and uploaded to my blog. 
I was told about the blown down cable and the poor service from B.T.’s unavailable technicians by hotel staff but sitting in my room’s window, looking out, the Great Black-backed Gulls gave a stunning display of flying, reminiscent of Spitfires and Hurricanes harassing enemy bombers during World War 2. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.