Wednesday 27 January 2016

COVENTRY UNITED MANAGER EDWIN GREAVES COMMENTS ON THE 2-5 DEFEAT @ ATHERSTONE...

"This was a game I wanted to win and I named a very strong side, even though we all knew the main target was the league.


After all. who hasn't got dreams of playing in a cup final? However, it wasn't meant to be.


Atherstone were deserved winners on the night, as they took their opportunities when they came along. They were sharper in all areas of the pitch and we were unable to match them over 90 minutes.


I came away from Atherstone disappointed with my team's poor performance, a heavy defeat and another lesson to be learned.


We have bounced back before from setbacks this season and I am positive we will bounce back from this one as well. These players have served me well this season and this squad of players have got the club into a wonderful position, a position that most clubs out there would willingly swap places with us for.


I know what I have to do as we enter a critical part of our season and with 20 games left, every game and every point becomes more important.


In everyday life, we all have good and bad days and we have certainly had more good days than bad this season. 

This performance is now gone, but not forgotten.


Back to league action soon I hope and then it's just: 

One Game At A Time...."


EDWIN GREAVES...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.