Friday 22 January 2016

DOGS HOLIDAYING IN CORNWALL...

Dogs & Dogs & Dogs On Holiday…
Why?

Dogs are in some restaurants,
Dogs are guests in hotel rooms;
Dogs are held on leads in pubs and shops:
Dogs are on holiday, one assumes…

Dogs rampage across beaches,
Dogs off the leash and barking;
Dogs chase other people’s dogs,
Dogs pee for territory marking…

Dogs’ rights are those of people,
Dogs are surely an intrusion;
Dogs frustrate my seaside holidays,
Dogs have now been granted inclusion…

Dogs’ faeces in the sand dunes,
Dogs’ owners caring not a bit;
Dogs rub their arses in the soft sand,
Dogs’ owners bag up all the shit… 

The Mowdog…
January 2016


I just wish I could stay somewhere, eat somewhere, kick a ball on a beach somewhere, walk on dunes somewhere, or in seaside villages somewhere, without a dog barking in the next room,  panting under a nearby table, chasing after my ball, crapping on paths, or licking my arm, leg, or camera lens in a narrow Padstow, or St Ives shopping street. 

Dogs like me.

I had two dogs: Chico and Pepsi (pictured) and I never ever took them on holiday…  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.