Thursday 18 February 2016

CADBURY ATHLETIC'S JOEL POWELL COMMENTS ON HIS TEAM'S 2-1 WIN AGAINST COVENTRY UNITED...

Joel Powell played in the same Sunday team, Shenley Radford, as my son Jamie... He was very talented and such a likeable lad, with a great dad, who followed him avidly. 

It was a surprise to see him at the Cadbury v Coventry United game on Tuesday evening and he kindly agreed to text me his comments:

"A good game of football!

I have been out for several seasons due to injury and personal matters but Tuesday's game reminded me why I had so much passion for the sport in the first place. The win proved football is a game based on form, on the day. 

Coventry, being the better team on paper, had several chances to put the game to bed. However due to sheer grit and determination the lads showed true commitment not to give up. This resulted in our strike force of Odayne Barnes and Dean Lea scoring two important goals when they were needed most. 

The morale in the changing room after the game was on a high, and I can say for myself and the lads at Cadbury that we aim to keep up this form going into the games ahead..."

Joel raises his arms at the final whistle...

Joel Powell, midfielder/winger, Cadbury Athletic...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.