Sunday 27 March 2016

ALVECHURCH'S JORDAN NADAT REFLECTS ON HIS TEAM'S 1-0 WIN v HEANOR...



"This game was one of the most intense that I think I've been involved in for a long time. Heanor came only to kick us off the park and stop us playing and it didn't surprise me that they ended the game with ten men.

Even though the sending-off wasn't malicious at all, it was a last-man tackle on myself in a really good position.

Alvechurch's lads showed great passion and spirit to win this game, we missed two penalties, which can deflate you in an intense game like this one. However, we carried on pushing to the last few minutes and Sam Williams got the important touch to seal the win.

The weather wasn't good at all today: it was sunny, raining, sleeting and windy, so to come out of the game against a tough side with a win was good news for us. 

On to Monday now... The lads have all had ice baths and been told by the Manager to look after themselves, which I'm sure we all will.

On a personal note, it would be good to score against Hereford FC and lead my team to a win. I'm really looking forward to it and I think there will be around 1,400 spectators at the game, which is going to feel like 10,000...

Hereford will come with great support but hopefully we can give the fans a great game and collect the three points. What a fabulous Bank Holiday that would be!"

Jordan Nadat, striker, Alvechurch FC...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.