Saturday 12 March 2016

POLURRIAN BAY: a poem...

Seat At the End…

Negotiated a coastal path,
As black cloud daubed itself
Across a peach sunset…

Inclines, declines,
Mud grained with sand,
Stones angled like
Prehistoric limbs
And uneven, awkward steps
Failed to deter the onset
Of thrill to stifle life’s wrath,
Which in turn, I felt inclined to decline…

As the weakening sun lost its hue,
Black cloud smudged grey
Upon dusk’s amber and I knew
That to squat upon a wayside bench
In this light, in such a place,
With ocean’s furore simmering below,
Enhanced the conclusion of life’s turmoil and race;
And so I sat, a crumpled knee declining the rest,
Inclining instead toward complaint,
But most of all, my will, unwilling,
Succumbed, defeated by self-inflicted restraint…

Pete Ray
March 2016

One of the best places to never wake up.
The Cornish coast at sunset.
The last place I want to see.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.