Sunday 3 April 2016

SILEBY RANGERS' DALTON BETTLES COMMENTS ON HIS TEAM'S 1-1 DRAW WITH HOLBEACH...

DUELLIN' DALTON FLIES LIKE AN EAGLE...


"Yesterday's game, from my point of view, never really got going. I'm sure the weather had something to do with that.

 I thought we had some good chances early on but couldn't make the most of them with a poor final ball. Their goal was a fantastic piece of play with a worldie-ball over the top followed by a fantastic touch and finish. Both of their strikers are good players but after the goal they didn't seem threaten us too much. 

They deserved to go in 1-0 up at half time however. I thought that in the second-half we started the better side again, opening the pitch up and creating chances. 

I'd have to disagree that I sliced 3 balls out; they were intended to be played out. (OK, I take the criticism stoically...) 

As the second-half went on both teams had chances again but it took a fine ball into the box and a wonder header to be my first goal of the season and to pull it back to 1-1.  (A wonder? Oh, that you scored, you mean?)

After that I think we had a couple more chances we should have done better with and obviously the questionable penalty decision. We definitely deserved a point from the game if not all 3 with some of our chances but we were all happy with a point on the day." 

Dalton Bettles, central defender, wonder-goalscorer and wind-up artist, Sileby Rangers...
DALTON THINKS:
"OMG, WHAT A WONDER GOAL, A WORLDIE... I'M SOOOO GOOD..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.