Monday 2 May 2016

COALVILLE TOWN'S BRADLEY MUNN REVIEWS THE PLAY-OFF GAMES AGAINST SHAW LANE AQUAFORCE...



"Firstly the Basford game:

It was a strange one from the fact that I'm a Nottingham boy and Basford tried to sign me at the beginning of the season, even being out injured after surgery on my ACL. 


The lads were incredible on the night and didn't let Basford settle at all and striking so early was always going to be tough for the away team. It took me 9 months after surgery to get back playing and after a few games back, the dreaded hamstring tear kept me out for 2 weeks prior to the play-offs and only a risk for the Basford game. That aside, our squad has shown great depth and quality all season and it's a blessing to be a part of it.

Shaw Lane:

After such an emphatic win on the Tuesday, I'm the first to say you can't change a winning team and for myself to say that, no-one would have believed it, which only speaks volumes about the quality and togetherness of this team. Without doubt it is the best non-league side I have ever been a part of!

We started very slowly, playing into their hands and style in the first-half but even so we never believed we wouldn't have what it takes to come out of the game with the win! The Gaffa spoke to me before the game and told me he knew I was a risk through injury but if needed at half-time, I would go on, so the preparation for myself and the team was second to none! 


Coming on in the second-half to have a positive effect was fantastic for myself after such a torrid time in the last year with my injuries but more importantly for the club as a whole. We settled fantastically in the second-half, playing some of the style of football that is now associated with this football club. 

Personally when all players at Coalvile are firing we all believe we can pass any opponent off the park! This showed in the second half and once Nat popped up with the first goal we were in no doubt we could go on and dominate, which fortunately we did!! 

As a club, it's amazing to see the support the fans, staff, coaches, management and owners give to the players and this promotion wasn't about any individuals, it was won off the pitch as much as on it and I wouldn't be alone saying so. 


On behalf of the players, thank you for the support everyone gives behind the scenes!

From my own view, it's a relief to come out with a promotion, two assists in the final with a fantastic team and injury free!"


BRADLEY MUNN, FORWARD, COALVILLE TOWN...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.