Sunday 22 May 2016

EDWIN GREAVES, EX-COVENTRY UNITED MANAGER, WRITES ABOUT HIS FUTURE...

"After taking the last few weeks to reflect, spend more time with my family and watch a few games, it has become more apparent to me that I have missed the match day experience.


Like most volunteers out there, you give up your time because you love what you are doing and I am no different. My hobby of managing a football club has brought me some wonderful memories and has been very rewarding for me. I have met up with some wonderful people along the way and recently I have realised how many friends football has brought into my life.


I still love football and the Saturday, Tuesday and Thursday routine is something I have missed. After a lot of soul searching and lots of chats with my family and close friends, I have now decided that I want to continue doing something I enjoy.


I have had a meeting with Andy Hunt (chairman of Brinklow FC) and Ian Weaving (current manager of Brinklow FC) and they have asked me to come in and become the manager of Brinklow, in the Coventry Alliance from next season.


I have been asked to help build the club up from where it is at the current time and help the club to become stronger going forward.


I feel this challenge ticks all the boxes for me, as I feel it reminds me of all the things that pulled me into Saturday football.


I am very happy to work with Weavo as my assistant and I am looking forward to working with Andy as a chairman.


Everything else will, I am sure, be sorted in time."

EDWIN GREAVES...

EDWIN IN HAPPIER DAYS...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.