Sunday 10 July 2016

BRINKLOW MANAGER EDWIN GREAVES COMMENTS ON THE 1-2 LOSS TO KNOWLE FC...

EDWIN GREAVES WELCOMES THE BODGING TO BRINKLOW...


"I am not going to lie, I was really excited about this fixture and I couldn't wait until the 3pm kick-off.


Knowle are a well established side who have high hopes for this season and I knew they would be an excellent test for my new side.


The game itself was a very close encounter with us taking a very early lead before conceading a goal before half time. I made 3 changes at the break to take the opportunity to see other players in action and we found ourselves 1-2 down and chasing the game.


Unfortunately for us we were unable to get an equalizer and we lost the game.
In summing up this game I can honestly say that I am happy with what the lads showed me, apart from the result.


We were competitive for the whole game and at no time did we look out of our depth, which pleases me greatly. In the 1st half we could easily have come in 2 or 3 goals up, however in the 2nd half we weren't as effective in the final third.


I know we still have to improve but that's what pre-season is all about and we came out of this game with a lot more positives than negatives.


We have been together for 7 days and a lot has been done to get a squad of players together for both sides to be competitive next season. We will improve with more games under our belts and the longer we are together the stronger we will become.


We are a work in progress but after this game I now know where we are and what we need to improve on going forward.


Good Luck to Knowle for the rest of the season and I will be looking out for your results on a Saturday..."

Edwin Greaves, Manager, Brinklow FC...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.