Sunday 3 July 2016

NEW BRINKLOW MANAGER EDWIN GREAVES WRITES ABOUT HIS HOPES FOR THE NEW SEASON...

EDWIN GREAVES: THE CALMER ONE ON THE LEFT...


The start of pre-season training throws up a lot of different thoughts to different people.


My thoughts are that I need to get a squad of players together as soon as possible to make Brinklow competitive next season.


With my new management and coaching team in place of Ian Weaving, Dave Watkins, Mick Stoute and Glynn Hale, I feel that off the field we are ready for the challenges ahead.


On the field it's now a work in progress.


Our first session went well and I was very pleased with the attitude of the players who attended. To get 38 players there was a good start for us especially when you have to consider players' holiday commitments etc, but I am trying to build a squad for two teams.


As most managers will tell you, at this stage of the season it's just a case of talking to players and hoping that they believe in what you are trying to achieve and I am no different.


Last season Brinklow had two teams at the wrong ends of their divisions, but this season I would like to try to rebuild the reputation of the club and start to close the gap on some of the more established sides in this league.


It's not going to be easy, as teams above us already have very good squads but I'm happy to give it a try.


My next challenge over the coming weeks is to persuade the players to sign for me and Brinklow rather than any of our rivals...

Edwin Greaves
Brinklow Manager...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.