Sunday 7 August 2016

BRINKLOW FC MANAGER EDWIN GREAVES SPEAKS ABOUT THE NEW SEASON...

EDWIN GREAVES clears the Brinklow pitch of stray badgers...


"Brinklow finished off their preseason fixtures with a 1-3 defeat against Barnt Green Spartak. The game itself was a close encounter which could have gone either way but 2 late goals saw Barnt Green come out on top. I would like to thank GJ for sending a side to Brinklow and I wish him and his players all the best for the coming season.

As for us it was another good work out for the players, valuable minutes on the pitch and another learning curve as we all go forward together. Building a new squad of players to cover 2 sides in 5 or 6 weeks was never going to be easy.


These players have had to get to know new team-mates, get used to a different style of play and work under a new management team, so I am guessing there were always going to be one or two teething problems along the way with so many changes.


The squad is now 90% there, we are still a work in progress but I have been very pleased with the attitude of the players and the game on game improvement that they have shown so far.


Both Brinklow teams have been competitive in all their respective pre-season games and considering the teams they have had to face, that is a very good start. Myself and the management team now have two more training sessions to finish off our matchday preparations for the start of the season.


My hopes for the coming season have to be realistic: I want to win 28 league games but I know there are 14 other managers with the same hopes as me...


We have to do our own jobs correctly and if the players are prepared right for matchdays we will be OK in most games. When the players cross the white line, all I will ask of them is to give me, the coaching team, their team-mates and the people of Brinklow their best.


Where we finish in the league after 28 games is going to be a true reflection of how good or how bad we have been over the season but I can see these players are desperate to succeed and that impresses me greatly.


I know there are several good sides in this division, last seasons table will show everybody that but what other teams do is out of my control. I am not stupid, I know how difficult this season will be to catch up with the good sides in this division but I know in my heart the gap is closing.


Both Brinklow teams have had a good pre-season programme and are ready for the real action to start. It is almost time for the talking to stop now off the field and the results will speak for themselves on it.


The people of Brinklow have welcomed the changes I have made so far and although Weavo and Dave are known to the club, they have been so friendly to me, Mick and Glynn.


The five of us are trying to give you all two teams to be proud of and we are so pleased that you have come along and watched both teams during pre-season. I hope you have liked what you have seen so far and I hope to see you at another game soon.

It is time for people to take Brinklow seriously again..."



EDWIN GREAVES, MANAGER, BRINKLOW FC...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.