Wednesday 17 August 2016

BRINKLOW FC MANAGER EDWIN GREAVES WRITES ABOUT A DISAPPOINTING 1-2 DEFEAT AT THE FEET OF WOODLANDS...

BRINKLOW FC...
IS EDWIN RECOGNISABLE WITHOUT A BADGER ON HIS HAND???

"In most midweek games, it's just a case of putting a side together and hoping for the best... But not today.

The squad has depth and I was happy with the 14 players selected for this game.
Woodlands are one of the top sides in this division and I knew this would be a great test for the lads.

The game got underway and Woodlands settled the quicker of the two sides and played the better football. There wasn't anything between the two sides until the 19th minute, when Woodlands took the lead from a good finish into an empty net.

We struggled to get into the game at times but our defence managed to deal with most of the attacking threats from Woodlands. From my point of view, the decision-making of the person with the ball at his feet needs to improve, we lost patience at times and gave the ball away to easily.

The 2nd half was a closer encounter and we passed up a great opportunity to level the score in the 52nd minute. We did however get back into the game with a Nathan Stoute goal in the 61st minute.

This was our best period of the game and at this stage I thought we would go on and win the game. The team seemed to find another gear and against a lesser side I think we would have won, but Woodlands proved to be a tough nut for us to crack.

They got a deserved penalty in the 82nd minute and that was the difference between the two sides on the night.

In summing up this game:

We have played one of the better sides in this division and have lost but once again I have learnt a lot about my players. We are improving as a side and the squad coped with 2 games in 4 days.

It would be nice to have some points on the board by now but it's a long season and if we keep improving, our first points are not that far away.

The kind words from Alan Proctor after the game shows me I am on the right lines and I thank him for taking the time to say good things about my Brinklow side.
Now It's time for me to move on, work a little harder and find the missing pieces to complete my jigsaw."

Edwin Greaves, the not very happy Manager of Brinklow FC...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.