Sunday 14 August 2016

BRINKLOW MANAGER EDWIN GREAVES ASSESSES THE 1-5 DEFEAT TO PEUGEOT YESTERDAY...



"This was always going to be a day I would remember; however it turned out to be for all the wrong reasons.


Anybody who knows me will know that I don't make excuses. Today Peugeot were the better team from start to finish and although it hurts me to say that, it's the truth. They deserved their victory and all 3 points, although the scoreline was a little harsh on us.


I have always said we are a work in progress but I can honestly say I didn't see this performance coming from my players after the pre-season that we have had.


I am very disappointed with the performance my team gave today and for the people who came and watched us today I know you will find this hard to believe but we are a better side than what you saw today.


Peugeot took their chances well and the last goal a free kick was pure quality.
We however never really got into the game and struggled to trouble the Peugeot defence.


I have said before that I am 90% there with my squad and we will be judged over 28 games; we have lost a game of football and although that is disappointing, it is something that most teams will suffer at some point.


We have to pick ourselves up quickly and dust ourselves down and move on together. We have not got time to feel sorry for ourselves, all we need to do is learn from our mistakes and correct them quickly.


I was reminded by a ex-Brinklow player who I met for the first time at The Raven after the game that: THINGS CAN ONLY GET BETTER !!"


EDWIN GREAVES, MANAGER, BRINKLOW FC...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.