Tuesday 30 August 2016

BRINKLOW MANAGER EDWIN GREAVES WRITES HONESTLY ABOUT HIS TEAM'S LATEST DEFEAT, 2-4 TO CHRIST THE KING...

EDWIN: a brave face.
FACT...


"It is very hard for me to say this but once again we have been beaten by the better side.


The Bad:
Christ The King totally dominated the game in the 1st half and were unlucky to go in at half time only 2-0 up. A free header in the 30th minute and a 44th minute wonder strike from Sean Kavanagh was the difference between the two sides. But if truth be told if it wasn't for Liam it could easily have been 4 or 5 as we just weren't in the game.

The Good:
The 2nd half was a totally different Brinklow side, we responded in a positive fashion and put CTK on the back foot. We scored in the 54th minute when Macca Richards got on the end of a Scott Lindley free kick: 1-2. We looked threatening every time we went forward, although in the 62nd minute Nathan Ellis had to clear off the goal-line.


On 67 minutes Connor Tallett was replaced by Benny Adeeko.


On 74 minutes a cross from Danny Mcdonald was headed in by Blake Kassar to make it 2-2 and the comeback was on.


That was as good as it got for us though, as on 87 minutes and 91 minutes CTK scored 2 late goals to run out 4-2 winners on the night.

In summing up this game:


I would like to wish all at Christ The King the best for the remainder of the season.


As for me, I said before the game that we would have to be at our best to win this game and that proved correct, we weren't and we lost: FACT.


After Saturdays good win and with player availability good for this game I was able to name 9 of the players who started Saturday's game and we still lost: FACT.


Once again my players have shown me the good and bad in their performances during a 90 minute game of football: FACT.


We have now lost 4 out of our opening 6 fixtures and deservedly so; I have to look firstly at myself and secondly at my players that I have chosen to represent Brinklow this season. 4 defeats in 6 games isn't good enough and tells me that I havent got things right yet: FACT.


I have said all along that we are a work in progress but what I saw from my players tonight shows me I am right to say this: FACT.


Anybody who knows me will know I will leave no stone unturned to find what is missing in my team: FACT.


The games are coming thick and fast so there is no time to feel sorry for ourselves and the postion we find ourselves in; after all it's up to me to put things right.


I was brought in to to improve Brinklow, a lot has been done so far but there is still a lot more for me to do: FACT...

On to the next game."



EDWIN GREAVES, MANAGER, BRINKLOW FC...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.