Sunday 28 August 2016

EDWIN GREAVES, BRINKLOW FC MANAGER, REPORTS ON THE 2-7 VICTORY @ JAGUAR DAIMLER...

EDWIN DRESSES LIKE A BADGER BUT WINS CUPS...


"After getting our 1st win of the season in midweek, it was really important for the lads to get a positive result today.

We have been gradually improving game on game but there are aspects of our team play that we still need to improve on.

I had to make 6 changes for today's game, however I had every confidence in the players coming into the squad, as otherwise these players wouldn't be at the club.

Jag Daimler started the game very impressively and had 4 or 5 early corners, which we just about did the right things at correctly. Our best opportunity up to this point was a Danny Lucas free kick which hit a post with the Jag goalkeeper well beaten.

On 36th minute we managed to get a foothold in the game when Nathan Stoute beat his man and crossed for Jordan Hayward to score the 1st goal of the game and his 1st goal of the season to put us 1-0 up. That lead was soon doubled in the 38th minute when good work from Emmanuel Apraku-Bekoe saw a pinpoint cross for Ben Morley to score to make it 2-0.

Nothing much happened in the remaining 7 minutes of the 1st half but Jag Daimler must have wondered how they went into half-time 2-0 down.

I pointed out to the lads what we needed to improve on in the 2nd half and to a man they listened and improved. On 49 minutes a pinpoint pass from Danny Lucas put Jordan Hayward through one-on-one on goal and a good save from the Jag goalkeeper kept the score to 2-0.

On 53 minutes more good work by Emmanuel Apraku-Bekoe saw a cross to Macauleigh Richards turned into his own net by a Jag Daimler player: 3-0.
At this point there was only one winner of this game and on 56 minutes a Jordan Hayward cross saw a 2nd own goal to make it 4-0.

61 minutes saw Danny Lucas replaced by Tom Ford and 72 minutes saw Emmanuel Apraku-Bekoe replaced by Leon Higgs after a Macauleigh Richards pass set up Connor Tallett to make it 5-0.

Jag Daimler never gave up and had a couple of opportunities to get on the score sheet but a clearance off the line kept them out.

On 82 minutes, a pass from Ben Morley set up Jordan Hayward to score our 6th goal and his 2nd of the day.

On 85 minutes a defensive mistake gave Connor Tallett a chance to finish in fine style to make it 7-0.
In the 88th minute Nathan Stoute made a rash challenge in the penalty-box to give away a penalty, which was scored: 7-1, and a free header in the 92nd minute made the score 7-2.

In summing up this game:

This squad of players has been used to the maximum for a number of reasons and every player that has stepped up has done a job for me and Brinklow.
I have found out a lot about my players in a short space of time and I think they have found out a lot about me. I have my own standards which the players know about and as long as Brinklow win I think the players know I will be happy.

We have now won 2 games out of 5 games and I don't think 6 points out of the 15 points on offer is a good return, however I think it is a fair return on where we are at the current time.We are getting stronger each game but even today we could still have improved on a number of things.

It is so easy to win a game of football and think everything is rosy, well I still think my players are learning and their mistakes are getting fewer. However they are still there for all to see. When the lads cut out these mistakes, we will become a very good team.

At key moments of today's game, last ditch defending, saves from Liam and clearances off the line meant we ran out convincing winners but it could have been so different.

After 5 games I would have liked these mistakes to have disappeared by now, however I am a patient man and I will give the players more time; after all we are still a work in progress.

As a side we are improving and I can only say the players are trying to give me what I am demanding. At the start of the day I would have been happy with another away win and 3 points to add to our poor start to the season. To win the game 7-2 today and considering the improvement the players are continuing to make, I have to say I am happy. We now have to continue the good work from the last week and push on from here.

Players who came into today's squad: Nathan Stoute, Kris Bedder, Danny Lucas, Emmanuel Apraku-Bekoe, Leon Higgs and Phil Kolodynski, all deserve a special mention and shows the depth which has now been added to the squad.

Nathan Ellis again led the players well, so overall there were more positives than negatives for me to take from this performance.

It is still early days and we have another game just around the corner, but I think we have earned the right to enjoy our weekend..."

EDWIN GREAVES, BRINKLOW FC MANAGER...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.