Saturday 10 September 2016

BRINKLOW MANAGER EDWIN GREAVES WRITES HONESTLY ABOUT HIS TEAM'S 1-6 DEFEAT TO AEI RUGBY...

BETTER DAYS, I THINK...


"In any game of football you want to get off to a good start, never mind in a derby game that means so much to the club.


We unfortunately got off to the worse possible start and the game for us went from bad to even worse.


1-0 down after 2 minutes and 2-0 down after 10 minutes meant an already hard game for us became a mountain for us to climb. 3-0 down after 43 minutes meant the game was all but out of reach for us at half-time.
4-0 down after 51 minutes, 5-0 down after 66 minutes, 6-0 down after 74 minutes,
then 6-1, a consolation goal from Craig Burrin after 82 minutes competed the scoring for the day.

In summing up this game:

I am embarrassed by what I saw today from my team and luckily for me, some of my players feel the same. We all know AEI RUGBY are a good side but come on, 6-1? That's a really good beating my side took today.


I feel this is as low as I can feel after a game of football and anybody out there who says "IT'S ONLY A GAME...", get real, we give up our Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays to win games of football and entertain the fans who support us.


We may not win every game of football we play but I expect a lot more than a performance like that from my team. I wish I had some positives for you all to read after this performance but I don't and that makes me sad to say, but it's the truth.


The 14 players selected for this game know exactly how I feel: it was by no stretch of the imagination good enough.


The squad as a whole has improved on last season with Mick and Glynn getting the Reserves to be competitive, so it's now down to me, Weavo and Dave to get it right now...

We have 7 days before you see my team perform again and I PROMISE YOU ALL HERE AND NOW THAT I WILL NOT REST UNTIL I GIVE YOU ALL A TEAM TO BE PROUD OF...


We now move on and more hard work is needed, also a group of players who will have to realise that a performance like today CAN NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN...

On To The Next Game..."



EDWIN GREAVES, MANAGER, BRINKLOW FC...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.