Monday 9 January 2017

FANCY DRESS SUCCESS... Winning a competition as a toddler...

Fancy Dress Success

No evidence,
Just the essence
Of a seed of a memory
From my infancy.
Extraordinary,
Legendary.

Directed into a viewing ring,
Fancy dress parade on sand:
Wearing only a napkin, I tottered,
Clutching Fairy soap in a tiny hand.
Cute, apparently, stumbling about,
Stood out, I guess, from the crowd;
Parents, aunts and uncles roared approval,
Simplicity, victory and relatives proud.

No choice,
Just the voice
Of a parent in the vicinity,
In the proximity.
Vexed,
Perplexed…

Pete Ray

LOOKS LIKE I DID WIN SOMETHING.
MY COUSINS PRESUMABLY DID NOT...
HMM...


A fancy dress competition at a holiday camp, possibly in Dorset...
Did I really win something?
How could I lose? 
It’s why fancy dress competitions are surely pointless…



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.