Monday 16 January 2017

I DROPPED MY ICE CREAM...

I Dropped My Ice cream…

Ice cream cones!
Cornets we called them,
Perfect for a warm afternoon
On a south coast beach;
My ice cream cone
Fell from my grasp then 
To my horror and quite soon
My pleasure was beyond reach…

I know I cried
For the loss of my treat,
Perfect for a holiday snap
On the soft, silky sand;
No need to cry
But I was not discreet
And at a loss from my mishap
With vanilla on mouth and hand…

A replacement cone!
Provided by someone near,
Perfect my chagrin to allay,
As I sat frowning, ill at ease;
The sumptuous cone
Restricted my flowing tears
And as the others dispersed to play,
I glowered, recovering, appeased…

Pete Ray
January 2017 

THE LOSS OF THE ICE CREAM, OR BEING TOLD OFF FOR DROPPING IT?

VERY WARY...

This happened, as one can see by the images, rather meanly taken either by my father, whose compassion was conspicuous by its absence, or perhaps by my Uncle Jack.
Although I cannot be sure, I believe it was Jack who replaced my cornet, for my dad’s view would have been: 

“Tough…”

HAPPIER...

THE QUIET ONE IS THE COX...

WITH COUSIN LINDSEY...

...& AGAIN...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.