Tuesday 21 February 2017

BODYBOARDING AT MAWGAN PORTH 1: A BREEZY FRIDAY...

Bodyboarding At Mawgan Porth 1: A Breezy Friday…

A stiff breeze shoved me,
It flapped my board this way and that
Like a loose rudder,
As I trudged seaward
On hard sand, damp and flat
For a considerable distance,
In my lamentable insistence 
To be propelled landward 
By a frisky February tide,
For whose delicious drama I felt no resistance…

A cruel freeze stunned me,
It wrapped my arms, legs and ankles
Like an icy collar,
As I lunged, wading
In cold, crisp sea which rankled;
Yet with considerable force,
This unpredictable wild horse
Hauled at me, cascading
On a risky February ride,
For whose propitious power I felt no remorse…

Pete Ray
February 2017

Never felt such cold water at Mawgan Porth, even in January 2016.
My wet-suit did its job but any bare skin was iced, almost to the point of aching…
Loved it.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.