Saturday 11 February 2017

BREWER & SHIPLEY: INSPIRATIONAL FOR ME...

I LOVED BREWER & SHIPLEY'S MUSIC, AFTER FIRST HEARING 'TARKIO ROAD' PLAYED ON A RADIO STATION AS I SAT IN THE SUN IN MY BIRMINGHAM U.K. BACK GARDEN.

I BOUGHT THE ALBUMS 'WEEDS' & 'TARKIO' THE FOLLOWING DAY...

THEIR WORDS SET ME OFF ON MY POETRY WRITING & ONE OF MY FIRST EFFORTS APPEARS BELOW...

THE RECENTLY RELEASED CD WITH DIGITAL COPIES OF FOUR OF THEIR ALBUMS HAS BEEN PLAYED OVER & OVER IN MY CAR RECENTLY...

I HOPE THAT 'ST11261' & 'WELCOME TO RIDDLE BRIDGE' WILL BE RELEASED AS SOON AS POSSIBLE...



Directions

Open the strange mouth of a crimson dog
And talk to the sweet colour of life,
For the sun is turning me south….

Burn the salty road of crisp, country air
And head for the sharp, diamond shore,
For I carry a tough city load….

Taste the icy waters of an unknown sea
And feel the freedom quite hidden there,
Before it is taken heartlessly from me….

Pete Ray
Early 1970s

No idea about where my life would lead. 
Musicians Brewer and Shipley maybe influenced the style… 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.