Monday 20 February 2017

ELBURTON VILLA STRIKER WILL MATTHEWS COMMENTS ON HIS TEAM'S 4-2 DEFEAT AT STICKER AFC...

Elburton Villa striker WILL MATTHEWS shrugged off his disappointment from Saturday’s 4-2 defeat at Sticker AFC and sent me his thoughts on the game, for which I thank him…



“I thought we were in the driving seat until the penalty decision and if I’d taken my chance and Jon’s header had gone in, it would have been a completely different game.

I think the penalty decision was harsh on us, though with that in mind I think we were still thinking about it rather than the game itself and lapses all over the pitch allowed Sticker get a comfortable lead.

With a striker in as good form as theirs is at the moment, you can’t expect to give his team chances and still be in with a shout. 

We showed good character all over the pitch to get ourselves back in the match but again our game management was poor and we allowed them to score straight from the kick-off following our second goal.

I think Sticker deserve to be where they are, proving they are the team to beat. It’s almost impossible to catch them for the title now but we have to keep playing and putting on the pressure…”


Will Matthews, striker, Elburton Villa…


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.