Tuesday 9 May 2017

'PADSTOW IN BLUE': A POEM TO GO WITH JULIE ADLARD'S 'PADSTOW HARBOUR 2'...

Padstow In Blue

It was seeing no dogs, nor owners
Which initially pulled me in
To that cluster of buildings,
Almost shying away from my gaze;
Yet their windows appeared to frown or glare
Beyond that muster of vessels
Neatly moored in a sedate blue haze:
Spry, upright, but with such tales to share…

It was seeing the steps and the ladders
Which ultimately drew me in
To that muddle of a quayside
Almost bunching from my stare;
But the windows seemed to glint and amaze
Beyond that huddle of boats
 Loosely tethered in a placid blue lair:
Agile, straight, yet doubtless bobbing in a daze… 

Pete Ray
9th May, 2017

On what would have been my mum’s 97th birthday, I felt that a few words set to a piece of superb Julie Adlard artwork would be a fitting way to remember her today…

She liked Padstow.

I do too… 



      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.